Everyone loves this one and I honestly don’t even miss mash potatoes because these are so much more flavorful. I made these this year for Easter since I was just starting low carb and I was terrified of all the food that was going to be there. I knew there would be a main dish like ham or turkey and then a ton of things I should not eat. So I brought SF cauliflower mash, salad with dressing, SF jello, and whipped cream. When I went back for seconds of my mash there was barely any left I was shocked!!! Everyone wanted the recipe and I was so proud I could get everyone to enjoy a low carb dish. Since that day this has become a staple in my menu plan.
Loaded Cauliflower Mash
1 Head of cauliflower no stems (trimmed well)
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 C Heavy whipping cream
2 T butter
1 C shredded cheddar (divided in half)
6 strips bacon (more If wanted)
1 t onion powder
Chicken broth to cook cauliflower in
- Trim cauliflower as much as possible, the stems give a weird taste. Chop up cauliflower in small bits or use food processor.
- Boil chicken broth and add cauliflower. Turn down to medium boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender. While waiting fry up bacon until crispy and dice.
- Remove and drain in strainer. Either place back in pot or blender (easier) and mix in all ingredients except bacon and 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese. If by hand you will need to mash for a smooth consistency.
- Place in a greased shallow baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Place oven on High broil and broil for 3-6 minute or until cheese is melted