So I have been searching for something that I can add into our pasta Wednesdays at my house. Bossman is Italian and has had pasta Wednesday all his life, so when low carbing came about I was stumped on what to do for me. I had veggie noodles and they are good but these gnocchi were the icing on the cake for me. Bossman even asked me to make it again so I knew I had to be on to something. So this recipe takes a little extra work then most of recipes but I am telling you if you like fried cheese this is a MUST!
I broke this down in some pictures to help guide you through the recipe
Strips of cheese mix.
Cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
Boiling in water ( make sure they are not runny)
After boiling now just need to fry
1t garlic powder
1t coconut or almond flour
2T oil (for frying)
1. Melt mozzarella in microwave for about a minute or until gooey and mix with any seasonings.
2. Fold in egg yolks and mix completely
3. Place on a cutting board or pan and spread thin
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil
5. Once cheese has cooled for about 5-10 minutes cut into strips and roll out strips. Then cut 1-2 inch sections they should look like photo below.
6. Once water is boiling add cut gnocchi to water. Boil 3-5 minutes they should float to top.
7. Remove from boiling water and add some oil to a skillet or frying pan. Fry gnocchi until brown.
Serve plain or with sauce
Nutritional information: 4 carbs for half of recipe